What is Distance Learning ?
A method of studying in which lectures are broadcast or classes are conducted by correspondence or over the Internet, without the student's needing to attend a school or college. Also called Distance Education.
Features of Distance Learning
- Change or enhance your career prospects wherever you are - rural, metropolitan or overseas.
- Fit study around work, social or family commitments. You can even study at home.
- Vary your study load to suit your schedule - full-time or part-time distance study is available.
- Develop and demonstrate your autonomy through self-motivation and self-direction of your education.
- Can study wherever, whenever and whatever you want. It's your choice
- Don't have to worry about being at lectures and tutorials at times that may not fit in with your lifestyle
- Have the convenience of course materials being delivered to your home or office
- Usually study two subjects per session, with each subject needing around 8 - 10 hours of study per week
- Have both full-time and part-time study options often available so you can vary your study load to fit in with your schedule - from one subject per session to four or five.